Update Last: August 19th, 2012
We now have Jelly Bean Rom from AOSP by "khanning", this is the second Jelly Bean Rom available for Lenovo K1. First one was posted here by "Krook1" (link). So which one should you flash? Try them both, see which one you like the best.
Check this post for latest weekly updates: XDA, Thanks to "khanning"
Looking for a update? Check out latest Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for K1 here: Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for K1
- Video Camera face effects
- Rotation Lock Switch (Software switch works)
- Auto brightness
- 3G support
- Android Jellybean 4.1.1
- nvflash package includes krook1's ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 build that supports both internal and external sdcard
- JB Google Apps
- OTA-UpdateCenter support for future OTA updates
- Reboot option in power menu
I am going to split this up into two sections.
If you want to update to latest update and have ClockWorkMod recovery and have followed instructions here I posted for CM9 port on your device then follow Option 1 Instructions.
If are clueless, don't care, then follow Option 2 Instructions.
If you are rooted and have CWM installed follow instructions below, if not skip to Option 2
You need Custom recovery based off of an ICS rom to be able to flash this. If you have any other base, *do not flash* this image, since it will not boot.
Download the file below and put it on the external SD Card
1. JB ROM Zip: CWM_K1_JB_AOSP.zip
Step 3: Only Required if you coming from other ROM. Not required if you are upgrading to the latest version of this ROM from previous one. (Warning: when you do this step it will wipe all your data and you will be required to re enter your Gmail account info and re-set all your settings to your likely)
4. In Recovery: Wipe Cache
From a Terminal Application
If you never rooted your device and you are stock , follow the instructions below
Download all three files below
3. Nvflash Windows Drivers
Install these drivers, before you continue
You need to boot into APX Mode, to boot into APX mode:
1. Power off
2. Hold down the Vol - and the Vol +
3. While holding the Volume keys down(- and +), Power on
4. The display should go black, and both LED's on either side of the home button should light up. You are now in, APX mode.
FLASHING THE PACKAGE
1. Extract the K1_JB_AOSP.zip contents to a directory (download from above)
2a. If using Windows, double click the "flash-win.bat" file
2b. If using Linux, cd into the extracted directory and run either "sudo ./flash-linux.sh" or "./flash-linux.sh" from a root prompt
Post feedback below, since this is early build expect bugs.
Khanning: via PayPal
Tags: Galaxy Nexus, Jelly Bean for Galaxy Nexus, Best ROm, Gnex, Best Nexus Rom, Best Kernel for Jelly Bean, best jelly bean rom for galaxy nexus, most stable rom, Jelly Bean 4.1.1, Verizon Nexus Best Rom, Samsung.